Thursday, 3 April 2014
Well, here are a few tips to help make that Laptop last longer while you are still on the move.
Lets get started...
1. Turn off Wi-Fi and BlueTooth - Wi-Fi and Buetooth are one of the major battery drainers we have there so its best to turn them off when you dont need them on the go. Most laptops have shortcut keys to instantly disable wireless networking.
2. Don't play computer games, music or DVD movies - I think this is a pretty obvious one. Multimedia activities drain laptop batteries.
3. Disconnect all external device like PC Card modems, Firewire, USB devices and optical drives. Use the notebook touchpad instead of an external mouse.
4. Adjust your screen brightness - Dimming your display saves battery power.
5. Tweak Windows Power Options - Choose a Laptop power scheme that turns off the notebook monitor and hard disk after 10 minutes of inactivity.
6. Decrease or mute the Laptop Speaker Volume.
7. Turn off all scheduled tasks.
8. Turn off Auto-save features in Microsoft Office and other applications.
9. If your PC has a built-in wireless card, turn it off or disable it when not in use.
10. Programs that are run from a CD or DVD can be copied to and run from the hard drive, which typically consumes less power than an optical drive.
I hope this tips help us as we spend more time on the road.