Now in its 6th year, the Google Online Marketing Challenge is a yearly global online marketing competition for students from higher education institutions around the world. Student teams develop and run a successful online advertising campaign through Google AdWords for a real business or non-profit organization, using US$250 budget provided by Google. Winning teams are selected by a panel of academics and Google, based on the success of their campaign.
Apart from gaining hands-on digital marketing experience, students compete for some great prizes:
- The global winners and their professor win a seven-day trip to San Francisco, including one day at Google Headquarters in Mountain View, California, to meet Googlers from the AdWords, University Programs and Marketing teams.
- The global winners also receive computing devices along with other Google products.
- Digital devices for all global and regional winners across all categories including their mentoring professors.
- Regional AdWords core competition winners win trips to regional offices.
- The opportunity to win donations worth a total of $30,000 for the non-profit partners.
Over 50,000 students from almost 100 countries have participated in past years.
Last year’s challenge featured over 10,000 students representing over 80 countries, and this year’s challenge is expected to boast even more.
In order for student teams to participate in the competition, they first need to have a professor register. Professors can register from today until May 3rd. Please note that student registration will open February 12th.
For more information and to see what’s new this year, visit the brand new GOMC website at www.google.com/onlinechallenge, and add the new GOMC G+ page to your circles! google.com/+googleonlinemarketingchallenge
Here’s your chance to make a global impact